One vision. One ambitious goal.
”You only get one life to live so when BCG failed and my bladder cancer returned, I was blessed to be in the new gene therapy clinical trial.”
– Clinical Trial Patient
Bladder Cancer by the Numbers
Bladder cancer 6th is the most common cancer in the U.S.1
~700,000 people are living with bladder cancer in the U.S.1
Bladder cancer is the 4th most common cancer in men.1
Bladder cancer is the most expensive cancer to treat in the U.S.2
Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer (MIBC)3
Cancer that spreads into the muscle layer of the bladder wall.
Non‑Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer (NMIBC)3
A form of bladder cancer which is present in the upper layer of the bladder wall and has not spread to the muscle or other parts of the body.
Men are about 4X more likely than women to develop bladder cancer.1
Cigarette smoking is the most common risk factor, accounting for nearly half of all cases in the U.S.1
73 median age at diagnosis1
Non-muscle invasive bladder cancer (NMIBC) represents ~75% of new bladder cancer cases1
Every year ~61,000 new patients diagnosed with NMIBC1
Up to 43% of new NMIBC cases will be classified as high-risk4
Learn more about our culture.
1. SEER Cancer Stat Facts: Bladder Cancer. National Cancer Institute. Bethesda, MD. https://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/urinb.html. Accessed Accessed January 14, 2021.
2. Mossanen M, Wang Y, Szymaniak J, et al. Evaluating the cost of surveillance for non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer: an analysis based on risk categories. World J Urol. 2019;37(10):2059-2065.
3. Sanli, O., Dobruch, J., Knowles, M. et al. Bladder cancer. Nat Rev Dis Primers 3,17022 (2017) doi:10.1038/nrdp.2017.22.
4. Williams, S., et al. Initial Treatment of NMIBC in a Large Integrated Delivery System J Urol 2018.
5. Hussain MH, Wood DP, Bajorin DF, et al. Bladder cancer: narrowing the gap between evidence and practice. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27(34): 5680-5684.